Thursday, January 31, 2008
she tapes notes to our door once in a while...to ask for somethin', just say hi, or give us a life update. the other night we came home to this...
How The Fight Started...
I accidently rear-ended a car this morning.
There we were alongside the road and the driver slowly gets out of his car.
You know how you can get sooo stressed and then how real-life-stuff seems to be funny?
Well, I couldn't believe it...the guy was a DWARF!!
He storms over to my car, looks up to me and says, "I AM NOT HAPPY!"
Without really thinking I look down at him and say, "Well then...WHICH ONE ARE YOU?"
...and that's when the fight started...
Wednesday, January 30, 2008
Through my ‘many’ connections, I discovered that it depends on the projectionist. They usually show the previews and first fifteen minutes to make sure no one shows up…then the projectionist decides to turn it off, or not.
To summarize: If a movie is scheduled to play and no one shows up, it may still go…or not.
Monday, January 28, 2008
rent it...maybe...katherine heigl just took a hit in my book, though.
Sunday, January 27, 2008
my goal for this year is to give myself a break - i'm always so frustrated with how imperfect i am. how far i have to go to be who i "want to be." screw that...i am who i am and that's just fine. and i'll always be a work in progress.
so "being free" is the theme of '08.
this came from the Christian song, I Am Free...not sure who wrote it..Newsboys sing it...
Friday, January 25, 2008
Wednesday, January 23, 2008
hopefully i'll see a couple friends in class tonight. that's the second best part of going to school.
and my two classes are marketing and entrepreneurship. i should learn something good.
three classes to go...i aim to be done august 15...
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
i've been tasked with planning our annual company party this year (rough life, i know) , so i've started contacting vendors to help out. i just chatted with this party planner for about 30 minutes about different themes and ideas we could run with...she came up with some great ideas...we chatted some more...she's going to work on our party and call me back with other thoughts. this is what she does all day, every day...plans parties. i want her job.
Monday, January 21, 2008
2 days 'til spring semester starts
18 days 'til roommate turns 25
22 days 'til i turn 30
31 days 'til we arrive in Vegas for the february vegas roommate birthday spectacular
39 days 'til spring training
<8 months 'til i have my MBA
i'd say it's a big year :-)
Sunday, January 20, 2008
this afternoon i'm going to santa cruz to hang at the ocean for a bit.
this is all within a few hour drive. i love it!
(and my friends keep turning 30 on me...freaks me out a little, no matter how ok with it i think i am - no less, it's not about me...happy birthday, joeyv!)
Friday, January 18, 2008
after the easiest tryout ever, my team seems to be off to a good start. we've had 4 practices...with 3 more before our first tourney. it’ll be shaky, but a good opportunity to work out some kinks. i’ve got a few seriously talented players, so that’s exciting.
Highlights from the year so far:
- I ran ‘em hard at their first practice. Within the first twenty minutes, I had one girl call her mom ‘cause she felt sick, one girl sit out for ten minutes, one girl with a sore hammy and the rest whined a lot. I gave ‘em a little break, but continued to push hard throughout practice. I’ll do this again next year. (this was Timmy's idea...setting the expectation for the season)
- I’ve got a real assistant coach this year. It’s pretty awesome…he gets paid and everything.
- When I let the girls ask me three questions at our team/parent lunch, their first question was, “Do you have a boyfriend?” Second question was, “Do you want to get married?” Third question was, “When do you want to get married?” (I found out later that Assistant set this up)
- I already have two girls out with injury – one broke her pinky at gymnastics…the other hurt her wrist at practice a week ago, but hasn’t gone to the doctor. Her mother doesn’t want to take her ‘cause then she might miss out on practices, etc to heal. (seriously?)
- There’s been minor drama – the two main setters told a potential setter that she shouldn’t worry about setting because they’ve got it taken care of. I get to have the “no one’s position is set” talk.
- I still love coaching. I get frustrated and annoyed, but I truly enjoy it. Though I'm pretty nervous about school starting next week and finding time to do it all...
Wednesday, January 16, 2008
i forget that the weather can change within just a few miles here. all the valleys, hills and stuff...
Tuesday, January 15, 2008
Monday, January 14, 2008
Watch yo’ back.
(yesterday morning i stopped at Nob Hill to get a coffee on my way to practice...came out and walked right by a red ford focus with a Packers license plate…grimaced and shook my head at that silly person…and then realized it was my car…)
Sunday, January 13, 2008
book 1 - december - Eat the Document
don't bother reading it, in my opinion (along with the rest of the club). couldn't get into the characters and the writing wasn't great. a slow story.
book 2 - january - The Attack
i loved it. a man finds out his wife was a suicide bomber in israel and we get to read about how he deals with it. quick, fairly easy read...but intense, as the topic's pretty serious.
Friday, January 11, 2008
Thursday, January 10, 2008
love your body
treat you right
(i was reprimanded for having a depressing blog (espi), so i'm trying to whip something up quickly...i'll try again in a couple minutes)
Wednesday, January 9, 2008
"When starving cattle rush toward your pickup truck to eat whatever garbage they can find, when feathers from scavenger birds line the ground so thick that it looks like a layer of ash over an old fire, when flies fill the air, and when the smell of animal entrails, garbage, cattle, and whatever else is so strong and so bad that you are literally scared of where you're at, you don't expect to see people there. You don't expect to see men, women, even barefoot children there searching for food or whatever they can find. These are the poor people in Guatemala."
Tuesday, January 8, 2008
after the neighbor came over to check the snowman out, they all went inside to play guitar hero.
man, i'm blessed with awesome parents.
Monday, January 7, 2008
roommate & i are spring cleaning by the time she turns 25. should be a fun project, makin' Goodwill happy. :-)