Wednesday, August 13, 2008

end of something?

In about four hours I turn in my 28 page strategic business plan (that was supposed to be 40) and give a ten minute presentation on some stuff about Northeastern Minnesota and Canoe Country Electric…and then I walk away, hoping for a passing grade. As soon as that comes in, I have an MBA.

Overall, it doesn’t really feel like a huge deal. It’s this annoying thing that has been taking up a lot of time for the past three years, and now it’s almost over. I’ve whined a lot, stressed out even more, learned a couple things, met some great people, and had it paid for by work. It hasn’t seemed worth it at times, but I’m sure it’ll come in handy some day. (this last business plan that I used for dad helps it seem more worthwhile)

To make this truly an emotional post, I'm going to thank everyone who helped me through this b*tch of a goal. I really have whined a lot. You listened. You made me study. You gave me great study breaks. You even helped me reward myself sometimes. Thank you!

So, for the most part, this feels like no big deal. But every once in a while it hits me - holy crap, I’m going to be done with an MBA. Like, tonight. Let the parties begin!

1 comment:

Juliette said...

hey congraaaaaaats! that would be a 'herzlichen glueckwunsch' auf Deutsch! an MBA - sure it'll come in handy, flaunt what you got baby! get a raise, get a better job when this one wears you out. Hooray!