Wednesday, October 1, 2008

a good question

Last night I was asked what it was like to grow up in a small town…
The first word that came to mind was – simple.

I knew everyone, everyone knew me…I didn’t care so much about the clothes I wore, the car I drove, etc…I just wanted to hang out and enjoy life. I’m sure a big part of this was the way my parents raised me…but life really is simpler in small town Minnesota. A trip to Pamida can be done in 5 minutes. There are 10 restaurants to pick from, 8 churches and 12 bars. The cops knew who I was and wouldn’t give me a ticket because of it (not that I’d ever get pulled over). You don’t need much money to survive. You can just go outside and play…no worries about nasty traffic or dirty old men. Life is just simpler. And I love that I get to go back to it once in a while to remind myself of it.

Still don’t wanna move back to Minnesota, though.

No comments: