Thursday, August 16, 2007

uhhhhh…new talent showcase

we tried out Rooster T Feather's (comedy club) new talent showcase last night.  we'd met a dude at The Peacock Lounge, "The Cock," a couple times and he told us about his show...so we went to support him.  there were 10 comics...and about 2 of them were funny.  rough night.  dude was only so-so.

no less, i completely respect every single one of the comics.  stand-up has gotta be tough.  especially when the audience doesn't really laugh.  yuck.  i can't imagine my pity laughs made them feel any better, either...

i think that was a once in a lifetime experience.
________________________
fortunately, this hasn't impacted the hilariosity of me & my friends today.  i've cracked myself up several times over and my friends keep hittin' me with goo' ones, too.  laughter is so fantastic!  or fabulous...your call on the terminology used...

No comments: